I find that lately, my go to spot to find good, easy, yummy recipes is none other than Pinterest. I’m not the greatest cook by ANY stretch of the imagination. But somehow, everything I pin and end up trying actually turns out great! I made these White Chicken Enchiladas last week and they were a huge hit in my house! Even Jason loved them, and he can be somewhat particular when it comes to food. So, total score in my book. The only difference I did, was that I made the chicken ahead of time in the crockpot. I’m not a huge fan of rotissere chicken that you buy in the store, so I bought all organic chicken drum sticks, placed them in the crock pot, dumped an entire jar of medium salsa over top, and let them cook on high for three hours. Then I shredded it and added it in as the recipe calls.
6-8 corn tortillas (I used flour actually!)
1 rotisserie chicken (see my note above)
1 cup sweet corn
4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided in half
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1-1/4 cups chicken broth
1 10oz can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 4oz can chopped green chilies
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Fill the center of each tortilla with a handful of shredded chicken, a tablespoon or so of the corn, and a pinch of the shredded cheese.
3. Roll and place in the bottom of a baking dish with the seam side down.
4. In a pot over medium heat melt the better. Add flour and whisk into a thick paste.
5. Add chicken broth, cream of chicken, sour cream, chiles, salt and pepper.
6. Whisk gently for about 5 minutes until warm and smooth.
7. Pour the sauce over the enchiladas and top with remaining shredded cheese.
8. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and serve warm.