If you’re looking for an easy breakfast option for those crazy mornings where you’d LOVE to fill everyones bellies with more than just pop tarts, then look no further.
I found this simple recipe for Mini Frittatas on Disney’s Family Fun website and loved it. It looked easy enough that even I might not ruin it. And I was right! I made these little frittatas on a casual morning that we weren’t super crazy busy. Then I made extra and stored them in a zip lock baggie in the fridge for the rest of the week. All I had to do was heat them up in the microwave for just a few seconds and BAM. Breakfast of champions.
Whatever that means.
Give it a whirl! It’s likely that you already have all the ingredients on hand. And while pop tarts ARE yummy (and totally a staple in my house, I’m ashamed to admit), it does rock to have a more filling option on hand that is FAST. Breakfast in my house needs to be quick. I’m usually heading out the door with both boys by about 9 AM so we need to eat and GO.
Try it! And you can add in whatever your little heart desires. The sky is the limit here, people.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Assorted mix-ins (such as shredded cheese, diced vegetables, and cooked and chopped bacon, ham, or sausage)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Heat your oven to 350º F and coat a 6-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, and salt in a medium bowl, then evenly distribute the egg mixture among the muffin cups.
3. Add about 2 tablespoons of mix-ins to each cup, then sprinkle on a bit of Parmesan cheese, if you like.
4. Bake the frittatas until they are puffy and the edges are golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. (If necessary, run a butter knife around the edge of each one to loosen them before removing them from the pan.) Makes 6 mini frittatas.
*The photo is my own, but I found this recipe HERE.